Reset your Password
transcription for paleographical and editorial notation
Welcome to T‑PEN
A New Tool for the Digital Humanities
T‑PEN is a web-based tool for working with images of manuscripts. Users attach transcription data (new or uploaded) to the actual lines of the original manuscript in a simple, flexible interface.
- Is an open and general tool for scholars of any technical expertise level
- Allows transcriptions to be created, manipulated, and viewed in many ways
- Collaborate with others through simple project management
- Exports transcriptions as a pdf, XML(plaintext) for further processing, or contribute to a collaborating institution with a click
- Respects existing and emerging standards for text, image, and annotation data storage
- Avoids prejudice in data, allowing users to find new ways to work
Watch a video on how to get started with T-PEN 2.8 (9 minutes):
to start a project.
Select a city or repository above to view available manuscripts.